Webhosting.net requires that all account holders be 18-years old or older. Webhosting.net does not provide children with access to any services in which any personal data is collected beyond the collection of a visitor’s IP address and session status.
If Webhosting.net becomes aware that any child has accessed Webhosting.net’s non-publicly available website, Webhosting.net will terminate the account through which the child gained access.
Persons under 13-years old may not submit or post information to or on Webhosting.net’s website. Webhosting.net does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13-years old. Webhosting.net services are open only to persons over 18-years old.
If Webhosting.net has collected any information from or about anyone under 13-years old, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Data Webhosting.net Collects
Webhosting.net collects data related to its users through the following methods:
- Automated means such as communication protocols and cookies
- Online registration and online signup forms
- Sales inquiries and transactions
- Online customer communications
- Offline communications and interactions
- Third party sources of information
Depending on the method of collection and use, the data collected may include:
- Information about the user from forms, registrations and transactions (such as name, title, address, company, phone number, and email address);
- Financial/transaction information (such as credit card number, card verification value (CVV), credit card expiration date, and other payment information (including bank account information depending on method of payment));
- Information about use of the website (such as electronic communications protocols, webpages visited, and cookies); and
- User preferences and privileges.
Electronic Communications Protocols and Cookies
Webhosting.net may receive data from you as part of the communication connection itself through the standard electronic greeting between your computer and Webhosting.net’s servers. This information often consists of network routing (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), internet protocol address, date, and time. Webhosting.net’s server will also query your computer to see if there are “cookies” previously set up by Webhosting.net to facilitate login or other website navigation procedures. A “cookie” is a small piece of information sent by a webserver to store in a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser.
Cookies on the website may collect the following information: a unique identifier, user preferences and profile information used to personalize the content that is shown, and user information to access user forums. Some cookies Webhosting.net uses may remain on the user’s computer after the user leaves the website, but the majority is set to expire within 30 to 365 days. Certain tools may have some cookies that have a longer duration. Cookies may also be of benefit to you by creating a more streamlined login process, keeping track of shopping cart additions, or preserving order information between sessions. In the future, as Webhosting.net enables further customization of the website, cookies will help in ensuring that information provided to you will be the most relevant to your needs.
Browsers provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your web browser to alert you when a cookie is being used. You can also get information on the duration of the cookie and what server your data is being returned to. You then have the opportunity to accept or reject the cookie. Additionally, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. You can generally disable the cookie feature on your browser without affecting your ability to use the website, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature or to provide functionality necessary for transaction completion.
Customer is solely responsible for any processing or international transfer of all personally identifiable information (“PII”) in the customer content and will comply with all applicable rules, laws, and regulations in all applicable regions or countries related to the transfer of the PII.
Webhosting.net uses a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about the use of www.webhosting.net, such as how often users visit the website, what webpages they visit when they do so, and what other websites they used before coming to the website. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit www.webhosting.net, rather than your name or other identifying information.
Webhosting.net has implemented a feature of Google Analytics referred to as Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting on this website. The Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting feature allows Webhosting.net to collect data relating to the demographics (age and gender) and interests of visitors to this website. Webhosting.net collects this data to analyze how visitors engage with www.webhosting.net. Specifically, Webhosting.net uses this data to help recognize and understand user preferences, to make improvements to the website, to choose content and advertising to display to you, and for other business purposes that will allow Webhosting.net to better serve you.
Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit www.webhosting.net. Only Google, Inc. can use this cookie. The information generated by the cookie will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers located in the United States.
Webhosting.net uses the information received from Google Analytics only to improve services on this website. Webhosting.net does not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with PII.
The Data Webhosting.net Collects and How It Uses It
Webhosting.net collects data from users for the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions for service. Webhosting.net may collect and store the following as part of the transaction history: name; address; email; purchase details; and credit card/payment information. The majority of the data collected under this category is contact information. Webhosting.net may need to share some of this data (address and payment) with credit card clearinghouses, banking institutions, and other similarly situated agents, who may require the information in order to complete the transaction. (As used here, “agents” means persons or companies who act on behalf of or under the direction of Webhosting.net.)
- To provide future service and support. Information collected for this purpose is both contact data and information related to products and service/support requested. Webhosting.net uses this information to provide service, product update, and similar notices.
- To select content, data may be collected to help create website content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly. This includes data collected because of website navigation, as well as data provided in forms.
- To respond to user inquiries and requests for information. This data includes registrations for online newsletters, opt-in mailing lists, and specific requests for further information.
- To respond to law enforcement organizations, government officials, third parties when compelled by subpoena, court order, applicable law, or to report or prevent suspected fraudulent or illegal activity in the use of the services. Webhosting.net will notify Customer of the information request or submission as, and if, allowed.
- To Webhosting.net’s contractors who provide services or perform functions on its behalf.
- If Webhosting.net is acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of its assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, Webhosting.net may transfer the information it has collected from you to another entity if applicable.
- To provide various Webhosting.net communities with relevant product alerts and updates. These updates are related to product releases, prices, terms, special offers, and associated campaigns. This data is sent when the program member signs up for the relevant program or online account.
- To better tailor marketing to user needs. Webhosting.net may use information from user purchases and user-specified requirements to provide you with timely and pertinent notices of Webhosting.net’s product releases and service developments that address your needs and specified requirements or that are similar to products and services the user previously purchased from Webhosting.net.
- To better respond to requests for service or quotes for product and equipment purchase. Webhosting.net will pass contact information to the appropriate Webhosting.net salesperson for follow-up related to Webhosting.net products or services.
- From referral “tell a friend” function (if available). If a user elects to use Webhosting.net’s referral service for informing a friend about the website, Webhosting.net asks them for the friend’s name and email address. Webhosting.net will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the website and send a copy of this email to the user. The email sent will clearly identify the sender of the email. Webhosting.net uses this data solely to send this one-time email. Webhosting.net will not store the email sent to a friend at a user’s request for additional processing.
- Because of your participation in interactive discussions and public forums (if available). There may be parts of the website that permit you to participate in interactive discussions. Some of these may be moderated; all are subject to access for technical reasons. Webhosting.net does not control the content that users post and some may serve as public discussion forums. As in any interactive forum open to many users, you should carefully consider whether you wish to submit data and should tailor any other content submitted accordingly.
Customer Portal, Customer Customization, Preferences, and Opt-Out
Webhosting.net gives Customer the ability to create users, add/delete users, add/delete user privileges, and opt in (or out) of services and mailing lists through the customer portal. The customer portal provides Customer with control over Customer’s preferences for electronic information delivery.
Webhosting.net also provides Customer’s master user with the ability to manage Customer’s account information. Webhosting.net maintains the data and allows Customer’s master user to update it at any time. To change this information, you must be a current customer and login with a user ID and password and follow the prompts to “update my profile” on the customer portal. Alternatively, you may contact us at http://webhosting.net/contactus.aspx. Webhosting.net continues to expand the profile of services and information that you may access and update through the customer portal.
Please understand that some email communications are not subject to general opt-out. These include communications about downloads; communications about sales transactions; information about software updates, patches, and fixes; disclosures to comply with legal requirements; and network upgrades or other related maintenance for service.
If an individual’s PII is to be (1) disclosed to a third party who is not an agent, or (2) used for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected or later authorized by the individual, then Webhosting.net will notify the individual before the disclosure. The individual may opt-out of having Webhosting.net disclose the PII by responding to the email or author of the notice, where the information will be clearly listed.
“Do Not Track” Compliance
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser. DNT is a way for you to inform websites and services that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Webhosting.net is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect and that is why we provide you the ability to opt-out. However, we do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to respond to DNT.
Webhosting.net is concerned with the security of the data it has collected and uses commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to that information. These efforts include policies, procedures, employee training, physical access, and technical elements relating to data access controls. In addition, Webhosting.net uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to facilitate the exchange and the transmission of sensitive data, such as credit card details. Webhosting.net does not process PII in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or later authorized by the individual.
If PII is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notice, Webhosting.net will notify the affected individual of the breach by email or ticket on the customer portal or, if Webhosting.net is unable to contact the individual by email or ticket on the customer portal, then by regular mail. Webhosting.net will notify the affected individual promptly, consistent with the legitimate needs of law enforcement and any measures necessary for Webhosting.net or law enforcement to determine the scope of the breach and to ensure or restore the integrity of the data system. Webhosting.net may delay notifying the affected individual if Webhosting.net or a law enforcement agency determines that notice will impede a criminal investigation, and in that case, Webhosting.net will not notify the affected individual until Webhosting.net or the agency determines that notice will not compromise the investigation.
California Residents — Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and you have questions about Webhosting.net’s practices about sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please contact us using the contact information listed below. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject filed of your email or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must also include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Webhosting.net is not responsible for notices you do not label or send properly, or do not have complete information.
Contact Information and Inspection Rights
36 NE 2nd Street, Suite #550
Miami, FL 33132
Phone: 1-800-709-9110 (or 1-305-400-6700)
If at any time you decide that you no longer desire that Webhosting.net hold, use, correct, or supplement any of your PII, receive information regarding any PII processed in relation to you, or you wish to change the manner in which your PII may be used, please let Webhosting.net know by contacting it.
Created: June 14, 2014
Last Updated: April 6, 2015